As a major sweet tooth lover that I am, I knew I had to share an oh-so special recipe for my rockstar ladies! What's more, this recipe carries many cherished family moments where my mother and I have baked this famous Brazilian dish for birthday events and holidays.
See below for a sweet and fun dessert recipe for your Valentine's and/or Galantine's Day events!
How to Bake the Famous Brazilian Brigadeiro:
- Start off with greasing a tray with butter and place to the side
- Mix 14 ounce can of Condensed Milk with 1 tablespoon of butter, a pinch of salt, and 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder together in a medium non-stick pan
- Continually stir the mix with a wooden spoon or silicone spatula to prevent the milk from burning
- Keep stirring the mix until you see the mixture form into a dough format and it pulls away from the sides of the pan
- Remove mixture from pan and transfer to the greased plate you have aside from step 1. Spread the mixture in this plate and let it cool in a freezer for 25 minutes
- Once 25 minutes has passed, place your favorite colored sprinkles in a bowl and grease your hands with butter
- Begin shaping the mixture into small balls with your hands and place the balls in the bowl with the sprinkles
- Roll the brigadeiro balls around the sprinkles to coat all the sides
- Bom Apetite! You're ready to enjoy your sweet, sweet homemade Brigadeiro!